This is going to be very scary for most Christians to even read. Many will start to read it and not finish. Yet, I woke up this morning with this:
“The Church has become an institution instead of the body (people); likewise the temple has once again become a building instead of the individual.”
and then also this:
“The carnage to My Bride will stop when the institution of church, that man has created, is torn down and rebuilt with My original plan.”
I had recently read an article by a pastor, “I Am a Pastor and I am Telling You to Quit Church Now?” . In the article were some great statistics. I didn’t agree with the end of the article because all it was was another way to tell the body, ‘Hey you are not doing what you are supposed to do, HOLD UP YOUR END OF THE BARGAIN’. But the question remained in my mind regarding the other 90% of the people who weren’t holding up their “end of the bargain” may be doing things outside the church that no one is aware of. Maybe utilizing their gifts outside the doors of the church where they have found the open door to do so because too often there is no room for their gifts inside the institutional church or their gifts are actually needed outside the institution of church.
What I find is that if our foundational thinking or understanding of what church means is WRONG; then we have the propensity to seek an incorrect outcome. People are leaving the institution of church in droves. But I have a different viewpoint as to why. At the core is the fact this man created version of church can not stand forever; because when man creates something that was not intended by God it simply can not stand. The amount of people hurt by this man created institution drives people away…even when they are told that they should be attending and their non-attendance is not pleasing God. Coming out of the church institution has been the best thing for me, my family and many of my friends. Let me give a list as to why:
- We realized we were religiously addicted.
- We had to rely on Holy Spirit within each of us instead of a “pastor”.
- We gained closer more intimate relationships with fellow believers.
- We were able to actually go out into the world and help.
- We found a greater strength within each of our families, more time to do things we love together.
- The relationship with God strengthened.
- We have more money to give back to people, real people in need. Listening to Holy Spirit and giving when asked.
- We are called to impact the world around us. This is what we are able to do within our businesses, our jobs, our friendships, our acquaintances, and our communities.
- We have been able to be a landing-place for others who have been hurt by the church institution, we have become a safe place to speak and heal.
- We are healthy soul and spirit. We have the body of Christ. We are able to speak with the body not just one institution. We are living out the truth that we are one body in Christ Jesus.
- We have not forsaken the gathering because we know every time we get together we are gathering.
- We lock arms united together with purpose and intention. We mourn when one of us is mourning and rejoice when another is rejoicing.
We are people, the Body, the Bride of Christ. We understand the temple is our body not a building and where we go He goes with us. We get to be ambassadors bringing His Holy temple everywhere we step. It is beautiful, simple and even easy.
God’s original plan for this season is:
- For His people to once again come full circle back to the full truth of the New Covenant Grace His Son provided to us as a free gift.
- To understand individual bodies are each a temple. People are now walking temples that hold the very presence of God in them.
- People, every single person in Christ, make up Christ’s Body and Jesus is the Head.
- Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, and Teachers are there “until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ. “until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.” (Ephesians 4:13 NASB). To understand where these “positions” actually are in the “man made hierarchy” vs God’s plan please read: Because of Christ, Believers in Him Are Seated in Heavenly Places
Unity of faith. There is one faith which is in Christ Jesus. Let’s look at the rest of Ephesians here: “As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.” (Ephesians 4:14-16 NASB)
When we, as believers, hold to the idea of the man-made hierarchy and that the church building is the “church”, we are mistaken and begin to put the “church” and it’s “leaders” above God or Jesus Whom is actually the head of the WHOLE body. Every joint is to supply what is needed. There is not one joint in this body (pastor) it is many joints that work together. When we are able to set the institution aside along with our man-made hierarchy and grab hold of God’s hierarchy which is ALWAYS opposite of the world’s idea; then we will see the rest of Ephesians. I have to say right now this is how I, my family and many friends are living. And it is amazing.